Single Axis Knees
We offer a range of simple Single Axis Knee options with or without semi-automatic lock, and available in a choice of materials. Those without a lock offer the additional features of extension assist and adjustable constant friction.
Features and benefits
- Options with or without semi-automatic lock
- Choice of materials
- Compact and lightweight
- Single Axis Knee 1: These knees come with internal extension assist and adjustable constant friction. They are best suited to K2 patients who may walk with an assistive device such as a walking stick or elbow crutches and those who will mainly use it in a home environment.
- Single Axis Knee 2: These knees come with a semi-automatic knee lock: automatically locks when the user stands and extends the knee with a pull lock actuator. They are best suited to K1 patients who are mainly at home or in a supervised external environments.
- Single Axis Knee 3: A compact lightweight single axis knee with semi-automatic knee lock: automatically locks when the user stands and extends the knee and comes with a pull lock actuator. It is best suited to lighter K1 patients for usage around the home.
- Single Axis Knee 4: A weight activated stabilising knee with adjustable swing and stance: supplied with extension assist. It is best suited to K2-K3 patients who can walk indoors and outdoors on a variety of uneven surfaces with a degree of confidence.
Recommendations for use
- A simple and cost-effective solution for low-activity or elderly users requiring maximum stance security.