The dynamic custom-made OdrA knee brace offers a unique mechanical solution for the pain caused by medial compartment osteoarthritis (OA).
OrdA introduces a twin 'distraction-rotation' action to relieve knee pain:
- Medial hinge lengthens the brace when the leg is extended, creating a distraction between the femur and tibia, and reducing pressure on the painful knee joint
- Lateral hinge shifts the joint back along its midline, rotating the foot outwardly to block the abduction that causes painful pinching in the knee
- Custom-made to a cast of patient's lower limb; fully adaptable to all body shapes
- AK and BK joint uprights provide more stability than other braces
- Immediate and comfortable mechanical effect
- May be worn on each knee at the same time
- Can be worn for over eight hours per day, and whilst practising sport
- Low-profile: weights 500g, and measures 30cm in length
- 2-year warranty
- Medial compartment osteoarthritis
- Pain during physical activity and when using stairs
- Intolerance of anti-inflammatory drugs
- Patients on a knee-surgery waiting list
OdrA is not suitable for lateral compartment OA.