Developed for young patients with fully correctable pronation, supination, or excess plantarflexion, the Kangaroo helps to improve stability through realignment and dorsiflexion. Full wrap around flexible support encompasses the foot and ankle, and a well-defined plantar surface provide proprioceptive input. A proximal posterior AFO trimline blocks excess plantarflexion, encouraging knee flexion and tibial movement over the foot. The Kangaroo’s solid outer foundation adds extra arch support, heel stability, and foot strength.
Features and benefits
- Open anterior allows access to free dorsiflexion
- Solid outer foundation and leg posterior add extra arch support, heel stability, and strength to block excess plantarflexion
- Full-wrap inner liner allows full alignment control of the heel, mid-foot and forefoot
- Optional super heel seating strap provides additional plantarflexion block and heel control
- Optional taller height available*
- Fully correctable foot positions
- Moderate pronation or supination and associated gait instability
- Excess plantarflexion presented as strong toe walking or knee hyperextension
- Benefitting from sensory feedback from fully contoured foot bed
- Requiring full access to dorsiflexion
- Mild swing phase instability
Trace the foot of the patient and measure the length of the foot length in inches from the middle of the heel to the middle of the longest toe. Then add ¼” to ½” extra length for growth if required.