Alpha Classic gel consists of a skin-friendly blend of thermoplastic elastomer (TPE) gel with mineral oil and vitamin E. The blend is non-reactive and provides a suitable solution for patients suffering from silicone allergies. The gel flows to adapt to uneven socket pressures and optimise pressure distribution, while its low rebound means the liner maintains its adapted shape over time. The liners are heat mouldable, allowing clinicians to heat and stretch them when needed.
- High flow means gel adjusts to socket shape to achieve equal socket pressure
- Low rebound means gel maintains adapted shape over time
- Suitable for low to medium activity users
- Uniform: Uniform 3,6 or 9mm thickness, with 3mm less gel posterior to the knee to allow for less bulk behind the knee and easier knee flexion
- Tapered: 3, 6 or 9mm base thickness tapering to an additional 3mm of gel distally. Provides extra protection for amputees who have a prominent/sensitive distal end of tibia
- Contoured: 6 or 9mm base thickness with 3mm posterior to the knee for improved knee flexion. 3mm pads in the paratibial areas benefit users who have well developed residual limbs with atrophy around the tibia
Alpha Classic Liners can retrofit with any Alpha Liner which has the same Uniform profile. This means patients don’t need to switch socket to switch liners, making it easier to accommodate a whole range of lifestyle activities.
- Original: Smooth texture allows for easy donning whilst extending liner life, ensuring reliable comfort for low to medium activity users
- Spirit: Flexible unbroken loop fabric allows easy donning and doffing and provides superior knee flexion. Ideal for low-activity amputees and those with limited hand dexterity, Spirit also adheres to VELCRO®
- MAX: One-way stretch fabric minimising pistoning whilst maintaining durability and increasing the range of knee motion. Designed for the more rugged user