UK Sales Manager
Ortho Europe is part of the international family-owned company Ability Matters Group, which has shown strong development in orthopaedics for more than 25 years and specialises in prostheses (artificial legs) and orthoses (braces). With its own production facility, the company delivers custom-made products to care providers and distinguishes itself through a broad and innovative range of very high-quality products.
Ortho Europe is active in the UK, Benelux, France and Nordics.
Your role as Sales Manager
We are seeking a Sales Manager who will lead the business development of Ortho Europe. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established business, which is growing at a rapid yet sustainable rate. The role requires analysing the market to seek business opportunities, and forming relationships with key customers that the opportunities pertain to. It requires spearheading the tactics of maintaining excellent relationships with our customer base, to ensure relationships are retained for the long term.
As the Sales Manager you will report to the International Commercial Director, your role is to take ownership and responsibility to plan, implement and manage the growth strategies in the UK. Your duties will be split into different categories with their own responsibilities.
Sales Planning, Development & Growth:
- To proactively research, identify and grow business opportunities in new and existing markets to ensure business objectives are met. Secure new customers primarily through telephone or face-to-face contact where appropriate and efficient
- To have a deep understanding of where value can be added with all our products
- Actively promote all products to customers, suppliers and industry
- Keep up to date with competitor activity to identify business opportunities
- Work close together with the sales team in achieving the set goals and provide guidance to less experience sales employees
- Support the development of a business plan to reveal future business opportunities and development in coordination with the Management team
- This role will see you having day-to-day management, motivation and guidance for the Sales Team
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the Sales Team
- Liaise with customers to identify requirements and source suitable solutions
- Visiting potential, new and existing customers with a view to generate further business at least twice a year
- Maintain and develop relationships with both key customers and new business leads to maximize business opportunities and increase client loyalty in an industry where client retention is very important.
Sales Strategy, Forecasting, Reporting & Control:
- In a timely manner, record all pertinent customer prospect information and sales activity
- Design and implement a strategic business plan that expands company’s customer base and ensure our strong presence
- Present sales, revenue and budget reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
- Give feedback on won/lost business and ensure timely completion of all reports to the Commercial Director
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- Work towards and in line with all agreed group sales and operations strategies
- Create sales strategies document with clear activities, timeline, effort, investment, etc. to achieve the set sales objective
- Create control mechanism to track & control the sales activities & progress
Qualifications and person specification:
- You are in possession of a Bachelor or Master degree
- You have more than 5 years’ experience in sales
- You have experience in managing a (small) team on a daily bases
- You preferably have experience in working in Orthopedics, Physiotherapy or Medical care
- You have affinity with our target group
- You have strong communication and writing skills
- You are proactive and can function both independently and in a multidisciplinary context
- You have good interpersonal qualities such as empathy and tact
- You combine this with a good analytical ability and commercial insight
- You are skilled in forming relationships of people across a variety of cultures
Ortho Europe offers:
You will be equipped with the necessary work tools, such as company car, mobile phone, laptop, etc. The company offers a good competitive salary and you will participate in an incentive program. We believe we can provide you with an excellent opportunity to develop deep knowledge within prosthetics and orthotics.
Submitted: 10th February 2020
Salary: Excellent benefits package