Ortho Europe is a leading manufacturer and distributor of prosthetic, orthotic and seating products. Our goal is to promote independence and quality of life by providing robust, innovative and effective devices to thousands of people who need mobility support. We aim to deliver a first class service for users whilst applying the most advanced and exciting technical solutions available to patients.
Based at our head office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire, we are looking for a Purchasing Manager to support our Prosthetic and Orthotic services by leading the centralised purchasing and inventory management of stock products.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Working with product managers and other key stakeholders to ensure appropriate stockholding of products in an optimal and cost-effective manner, in line with group working capital targets.
- Develop, implement and ensure that appropriate controls and approvals are in place for purchasing and distribution activity.
- Continually review the replenishment process to eliminate wastes such as over or under stocking using establish techniques such as MRP, Kanban, Safety Stock and Reorder Point for example.
- Regular monitoring and reporting of inventory levels, age, condition and turnover to ensure that value is maximised and that actions are developed and executed expediently to address any discrepancies or deviations.
- Support and actively take part in new product introduction projects.
- Assist with the evaluation or any potential or existing suppliers.
- Keep up to date with purchasing and logistics best practices, currency fluctuations, market and commodity trends at all times to the benefit of the group.
- Generate forecasts and manage inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance.
- Managing and motivating a team of purchasing staff to consistently meet group aims and objectives.
- Procurement of Ortho-Europe stock inventory to agreed central stock holding levels to a quality assured standard.
- Engage with Ability Matters Group / Ortho Europe preferred vendors to ensure supplier lead times are accurately documented / communicated and effectively managed.
Required skills/ attributes:
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Experience with working with suppliers to ensure service lead times are achieved
- Able to build and develop effective relationships with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of inventory management
- Demonstrable ability to analyse, review and improve purchasing processes
- Precise attention to detail and methodical approach to work
- Able to prioritise, plan and organise efficiently
- Robust judgement and ability to make sound decisions
- Self-motivated and uses initiative
- Attitude of continuous improvement
- Confidential and professional
- Remains calm under pressure
- Flexible working style
- Strong analytical skills
- High degree of numeracy
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Experience of working within the medical device industry and an understanding of ISO13485 preferable
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Ability House, Nuffield Way, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1RL
Submitted: 9th February 2021
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits package