Product Marketing Manager
Ability Matters Group is an international group of companies whose principal activity is to supply products and services that enhance the lives of those who require devices to improve their mobility and accessibility.
The business was started in 1989 and now employs over 700 staff. There are several companies within the group including Opcare, a large prosthetic and orthotic service provider with over 30 clinics in the UK and Ireland, and Ortho Europe, a major European manufacturer and distributor of prosthetic, orthotic and specialist seating products who are leaders in the provision of custom-made solutions. Companies within the group also have offices in France, The Netherlands and Sweden, and distributors across Europe and the rest of the world.
Job Summary: Reporting into the Head Of Marketing, the Product Marketing Manager will have a background in medical device marketing, and will work with teams across the business including the country sales teams, group marketing and product management team, to deliver key product marketing initiatives.
Location: Flexible with occasional travel to our head office in Abingdon, Oxfordshire.
Salary: Competitive and DOE.
Responsibilities to include:
- Executing marketing strategies to raise awareness of new product launches and key drive products.
- Supporting the sales teams through the provision of country specific sales and marketing tools (print and digital) and training materials.
- Leading Post Market Surveillance activity across the groups manufactured product categories.
- Leading the new product introduction (NPI) process for specified manufactured and distributed product portfolios ensuring all key milestones are achieved to time and within budget.
- Supporting the product management teams to ensure product portfolios are compliant with the latest requirements including Medical Device Regulations (MDR) where appropriate, with a specific focus on driving key initiatives such as labelling and IFU compliance.
- Managing the product division profitability through regular analysis of the KPIs, identifying usage and performance trends and working with internal teams to correct underperformance where necessary.
- Presenting businesses cases and achieving leadership team buy-in for new product proposals.
- Working with suppliers as appropriate to negotiate and agree product specifications and pricing.
- Managing the implementation of product and/or packaging changes.
- Assessing market competition by comparing the company’s product to competitors’ products.
- Providing source data/copy/content for product line communications.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
- Providing support when required on Product Tenders.
- Works closely with the supply chain function to facilitate inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Determines product pricing by utilizing market research data; reviewing production and sales costs; anticipating volume; costing special and customized orders.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience of marketing medical devices is essential and specific experience of the Medical Device Regulations (MDR) and ISO14385 would be highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, and/or relevant scientific field.
- Resilient and determined individual, able to handle challenge and effectively influence others.
- Positive and proactive ’can-do’ attitude, takes satisfaction from making improvements and driving continuous improvement.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships internally and externally.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Good level of written English.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills with the ability to project manage, prioritise, organise, and work with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, flexible organisation.
- Self-motivated and uses initiative.
- Highly literate & numerate.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems.
- Remains calm under pressure.
- Flexible working style.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Analytical skills to identify trends.
- Understands all key marketing channels.
It would be desirable for the applicant to have commercial experience within the field or prosthetics and/or orthotics.
Category: Product Management
Location: Ability House, Nuffield Way, Abingdon, Oxfordshire, OX14 1RL
Submitted: 19th January 2021
Salary: Competitive with excellent benefits package